Try these tips to be more courageous:
- Be curious and listen – 1:1 or you can crowdsource ideas. Ask lots of questions!
- Remotely people are more reticent to raise issues so actively ask people ‘what challenges do you have today?’; ‘What problems can I help you with?’; ‘What are the important things we should be thinking about/ discussing as a team?’
- Keep communicating your vision for the future, talk about your purpose, working remotely people’s world/company view can be narrowed.
- Show courage – be prepared to try new things out when building connections remotely. Ask for feedback – is this working for you? Be flexible and adapt the approach if required.
- Reward ‘loyal dissent’ – make it easy for people to challenge. (Source)
- Latest research (Copenhagen Business School, June 2021, based on 5,000 teams) shows that dispersed teams reach success quicker and fail more slowly. (Source)